You’ll be amazed at how delicious and moist these vegan muffins are! I promise, you will not miss the eggs and milk!
They are delicious with or without the strawberry icing, but for an extra special banana muffin– definitely spring for the strawberry icing!
One of the major advantages of having started baking at age 9, is that now that I’m almost 40, I can sort of just throw together ingredients and they usually come out really well! Ah, the joys of growing older. . .
These vegan banana muffins are often in our snack rotation. I leave off the icing for on-the-go snacks. In fact, the other day, I grabbed a plateful of still warm muffins for an Organic Real Food On-the-Go snack on our way to piano lessons! You can’t even get a warm muffin in a drive-thru!
Well, mabye you can. . . but my point is. . . this recipe is very versatile. Keep it simple, and make the muffins without icing for a handy, everyday snack OR whip up a batch of icing and make Strawberry Iced Vegan Banana Muffins for a special treat!
Either way, allergy-friendly yumminess will happen, I promise!
- 2 cups organic flour
- 1 cup organic sugar
- 1 and ½ teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3 bananas, mashed
- ½ cup oil
- ¼ cup rice or almond milk
- 1 Tablspoon vanilla extract
- 1 Tablespoon vinegar
- For the Strawberry Icing, combine in a blender. . .
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2 T. Earth Balance Buttery Spread
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 5 strawberries, cut-up
- 1 teaspoon rice milk
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- Combine dry ingredients.
- Combine wet ingredients.
- Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients and stir quickly with a whisk.
- Pour into lined muffin tins and bake at 375 degrees for 30 minutes.
- Ice muffins when almost completely cooled.