What better way to kickoff fall than with this spicy sweet stir-fry hash with lovely local veggies from Greenling’s Local Box?!
4 large jalapenos or 1 bell pepper, chopped
3 T. olive oil
3 large sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into chunks
2 cloves elephant garlic, minced (@ 2 Tablespoons)
1 T. paprika
1/2 t. anise seed
1/8 t. ground cloves
1/8 t. cinnamon
1/8 t. black pepper
2 t. salt
1/2 t. black pepper
1 c. water
2 persimmons, sliced into ‘sticks’
1 bunch kale, stems removed, chopped
1 T. rice vinegar
1. Sautee pepper and olive oil on medium heat for 5 minutes.
2. Turn heat to high. Add sweet potatotes, 1/2 c. water, and spices. Cook for 5 minutes, stirring.
3. Reduce heat. Cover and cook on low for 25-30 minutes or until fork tender.
4. Add 1/2 c. water, persimmons, kale, and vinegar and cook for 5 more minutes.
5. Serve and enjoy immediately.