Every Friday, my kids look forward to a organic hot dogs in their school lunches. And guess what? They work for dinner too! In fact, the kids were so excited to have their hot dogs in the car on the way home from piano lessons last week, they were almost bouncing off the [minivan] walls! 🙂
Each hot dog is special-ordered with any combination of ketchup/mustard. 😉 Of course, just to keep things challenging for mom, among the four of us we’ve got every combination covered (ketchup and mustard, just ketchup, just mustard, and plain).
I use Applegate brand The Great Organic Hot Dog. Trader Joes has the best prices of any other store nearby. They are only $5.99/ pckg., so I always stock up on these when I’m doing my monthly Trader Joe’s shopping trip.
- Bake the organic hot dogs
- Lay out squares of foil
- Place buns on foil
- Place baked hot dogs in buns
- Add ketchup, mustard, sauerkraut, etc. . to order
- Wrap loosely in foil and place in an insulated lunch bag to keep them warm!
- Our Organic Hot Dog dinners are always accompanied by ziploc baggies of potato chips, organic baby carrots, and organic fruit, and an Honest Kids organic juice box.