Laziness is the mother of invention; well, at least for me it is. When it’s 4:00 p.m. on a weeknight, and nothing is planned or prepped for dinner, Organic Beef Broccoli Baked Stir-Fry Rice gets invented.
To be fair, I DID have some stir-fried beef in the freezer. But this recipe would work with any type of leftover meat (leftover roasts would be perfect!); beef, chicken, or pork. . . .
I also had some frozen organic broccoli, thanks to and Azure Standard purchase a couple months ago.
Beef + frozen broccoli= some type of beef/broccoli stir-fry right? Almost, but I wasn’t up for the excitement of making a stir-fry or the hassle of cooking rice. Sooooooo. . . .
Baked rice is one of my go-to side dishes because it is SO EASY! I just dump everything into a baking pan, cover with foil, and bake for 30 minutes.
So I thought. . . why not throw the beef and broccoli into my baked rice recipe? So I did. And yumminess came out. The only thing I would have done differently is add the broccoli after the rice is baked so that it doesn’t get mushy.
- 1 and ½ cups rice (basmati is my favorite!)
- 2 cups organic chicken stock
- ⅛ cup soy sauce
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 1 Tablespoon toasted sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 cups cooked meat (I used stir-fried beef)
- 3 cups frozen organic broccoli
- sesame seeds for garnish (optional)
- Combine all ingredients EXCEPT BROCCOLI in a 9x12 inch baking pan.
- Leave broccoli out on counter to thaw while rice is baking.
- Cover rice with foil.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 30 minutes.
- Stir in defrosted broccoli.
- Optional: garnish with sesame seeds before serving.