I think we can all agree that snacks are a vital part of the day. When I pick up my kids from school, the first thing they ask me is, “Mom, what’s for snack?”.
They eat snacks after school and they eat snacks during school.
Then there’s that snack they eat WHILE YOU’RE COOKING DINNER– that one’s really important (and exasperating).
It’s hard to find organic, additive-free granola bars! Fruit or organic fruit smoothies are always great. But sometime they need something a little more substantial.
Organic Kids’ Cliff-Bars from Costco are great–but they can’t eat them every day (at least, I don’t allow them to).
Enter, No-Bake Organic Oat Bars! These are very easy to make, and a big hit with the kiddos! And to make the recipe super easy, I used my handy 4-3-2-1 Organic Granola Mix for the ‘dry’ part of the recipe.
The rest of the recipe is just organic dates, vanilla, and oil blended and pressed it into a pan! I also drizzle these with melted organic chocolate chips-very important!
And by the way, it’s not just the kids who love these No-Bake Organic Oat Bars! 🙂
- 2 cups organic pitted dates
- ½ cup olive oil
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 cups 4-3-2-1 Organic Granola Mix
- ¼ cup organic chocolate chips, melted
- Combine dates, olive oil, and vanilla in a blender or food processor.
- Add 4-3-2-1 Organic Granola Mix, and combine.
- Press into oiled 8x8 inch pan (press hard!).
- Allow to 'cure' for a few hours before cutting. Cut into bars and drizzle with melted chocolate chips.