I had originally named this recipe, Easy Egg-Free Organic Banana BREAKFAST Cake because I was planning to make it for breakfast.
But the morning happened. I didn’t feel like baking. So I served organic granola instead, since luckily I already had some in the pantry.
Plan B; make the banana cake later. . .as an after-school snack mabye?
Since I’m a procrastinator, 10 minutes before I left the house to pick-up my girls from school, I threw this Easy Egg-Free AfterSchool Banana Cake together. Since I used my 2:1 Vegan Muffin Base recipe, it was SO easy. Not having to look up and follow a recipe saves me SO much time!! It must be 30 minutes or so!
Well, mabye not 30 minutes– but if just feels so much faster to bake without a recipe! The 2:1 ratio thing just really works for me!
So anyway, I mixed this up and stuck it into the oven just before leaving to get the girls from school.
Came home from the school 30 minutes later; the cake was done and the house smelled wonderful!
And as evidenced by the above photo, my girls couldn’t wait to dig in!
I’ll still make this for breakfast sometime, but it will always affectionatly be known as our Easy Egg-Free Organic AFTER SCHOOL Banana Cake. 🙂
Oh and I mixed up a quick icing for it. The cake has to be iced while still quite warm so that the icing melts. The icing is just organic powdered sugar, rice milk, vanilla extract, and salt whisked together.
- 2 cups organic flour (I used white spelt)
- 1 cup organic sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 Tablespoon organic cinnamon
- 1 cup mashed organic bananas (about 3 banans)
- ½ cup olive oil
- ¼ cup rice milk
- 1 Tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 Tablespoon raw organic apple cider vinegar
- VANILLA ICING
- 1 cup organic powdered sugar
- 2 Tablespoons vanilla extract
- 2 Tablespoons rice milk
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- Whisk together until smooth.
- In a large bowl, combine all the dry ingredients.
- Make a well in the center and add all the wet ingredients.
- Mix well.
- Pour into greased 9x12 in. pan.
- Bake at 375 degrees 25-30 minutes.
- Ice with Vanilla Icing while still quite warm.