Every time I make Dairy-Free Slow Cooker Mashed Potatoes, my kids chive chide me for not making them frequently enough. “Mom, you should make these more often!” they say.
And I’d have to agree with them. They are so easy to make, very economical, and most importantly DELICIOUS! Just throw all the ingredients (except butter) into a slow-cooker, cook for an hour and a half on ‘high’ (or longer on ‘low’), mash, and serve!!
Mashed potatoes and slow cookers are a winning combination since keeping the potatoes warm is the key to maintaining their creamy texture. This recipe for Dairy-Free Slow Cooker Mashed Potatoes is one of my favorite make-ahead dishes!
After I discovered that I could make mashed potatoes in the slow-cooker, I wondered why I EVER made them on the stovetop!? It is SO much easier this way! No boiling water, straining of potatoes, transferring to another dish, etc. . .
Oh, and the chives. . . I like chives alright? They were in my seasonal produce delivery box, and I’ll admit I got slightly carried away.. . Fresh local chives are just so pretty, I couldn’t stop sprinkling them on the mashed potatoes!
I promise you though, these Dairy Free Slow Cooker Mashed Potatoes taste great with or without fresh chives! They are creamy, delicious, and unbelievably easy to make!!!
- 5-6 medium or 10 small organic potatoes (@ 4 cups when cut/peeled)
- 1 and ⅓ cup organic chicken stock or broth
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- ¼ cup Earth Balance dairy-free, soy-free buttery spread
- Place all ingredients except dairy-free butter in slow cooker and cook on 'high' for 1 and ½ hrs.
- Add dairy-free butter and mash or whip with an electric mixer.
- Serve immediately or keep warm for 30 minutes before serving.