My kids absolutely love these energy bites! And to be honest, so does their mama! 🙂 They are SU-per healthy and equally DE-LICIOUS! Recipe inspiration came from here. I just made a few changes based on what I had in my pantry and also on the fact that I’m of the opinion that almost everything is better with lots of organic cinnamon and vanilla!
These gluten-free energy bites hold their shape really well, due to the addition of ground oats. I love that they don’t need to be refrigerated! This busy mama is all about shortcuts!
We eat them for after-school snacks, on-the-go breakfast, or school lunch ‘dessert’!
I often grab one or two of these for breakfast on those busy mornings when I just don’t have time to sit and eat.
- 2 cups organic rolled oats
- 2 cups organic oat flour (I just threw 2 cups of rolled oats into the blender-blend on high until flour-y)
- 1/2 cup chia seeds
- 1 Tablespoon cinnamon
- 1/4 t. salt
- 1 cup sunflower seed butter
- 1/2 cup honey
- 2 t. vanilla extract
- Combine the dry ingredients.
- Add remaining ingredients and mix well.
- Grab a ‘blob’, squish it together, and then roll to form a ball.
Makes about 2 dozen.