This Cashew Creamy Chicken And Dill Pickle Pasta recipe has been purculating in my brain for about a year– ever since my friend told me that she makes a creamy chicken soup with shredded dill pickles. We LOVE dill pickles, so a recipe that calls for dill pickles sounded brilliant to me. And who doesn’t love ‘creamy’ and ‘chicken’?
It sounded so yummy; I really wanted to try making a dairy-free version of her recipe! Oh, and I wanted to make it a creamy pasta sauce instead of a soup.
My opportunity to experiement finally came last week. I had chicken thighs thawed in the fridge, so I knew I wanted to make something chickeny. It was a Wednesday, so it was ‘pasta day’. And the jar of Polish pickles sitting in the fridge looked especially yummy. So I decided it was a great evening to attempt my Cashew Creamy Chicken And Dill Pickle Pasta recipe experiment!
I decided to use my Creamy Cashew Alfredo Sauce recipe as a springboard for this Cashew Creamy Chicken And Dill Pickle Pasta recipe experiment (sans the nutmet and garlic). It worked out beautifully!
Everyone loved this dish, and it received the ultimate compliment from the kids. . . “Mom, you should make this more often!”
I might try a soup next time though!
- 2 lb. boneless chicken thighs, cut into small pieces
- 2 T. olive oil
- 2 cups organic cashew cream (1 cup raw cashews with 2 cups water blended until smooth)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 4 Polish dill pickles, grated
- 1 lb. organic pasta, cooked
- Heat olive oil in a heavy skillet, and fry chicken thigh pieces until browned. Remove from pan.
- Pour cashew cream, salt, and pepper into same skillet, and cook until thickened (Stir with a whisk while cooking to scrape those brown bits off the bottom of the pan- yummy!!)
- Add grated pickles.
- Toss with cooked pasta and serve immediately.