As I was placing my order with Azure Standard last month, I noticed they had organic enchilada sauce- in jars too, so no BPA to worry about! I thought it looked like a great product, and easy dinner idea.
So I added a few jars of Sweet Creek Foods’ organic enchilada sauce to my order. There are three different flavors available, so of course I had to order one of each to try them; Red Sauce, Chipotle Red Sauce, and Green Sauce.
I had thought about making a dairy-free version of beef enchiladas before, but was always afraid that they just wouldn’t taste good enough without the cheese. Turns out, adding sour cream is really all the creaminess you need when the beef and sauce are seasoned well.
So with my delicious-looking organic enchilada sauce in the pantry, I decided to gave it a try yesterday. So I whipped up these 30- Minute Organic Dairy-Free Beef Enchiladas. I used Stacy’s organic flour tortillas ($2.99/pckg. of 10), and added my own seasonings to the ground beef.
These enchiladas turned out SO yummy! We topped them with dairy-free sour cream. You could also add guacamole, chopped tomatoes, fresh cilantro, avacado slices, etc. to the toppings. . . lots of options. I kept it simple since we didn’t have any of these fresh veggies on hand, and they were delicious.
One of my daughters ate TWO AND A HALF of these, she loved them so much. And my other daughter has requested that we make this a part of our regular meal rotation from now on. So I’d call these 30-Minute Organic Dairy-Free Beef Enchiladas a success!
Total cost of this 100% organic meal is $16.49 (not including spices and dairy-free sour cream) so it’s quite economical!
If I buy the enchilada sauce in bulk, it would reduce the cost of each jar by a whole dollar!! So per my daughter’s request for these making a regular appearance at the dinner table, I think I will be adding bulk enchilada sauce to our monthly Azure Standard orders!
- 8 organic flour tortillas (I use Stacy's brand)
- 1 lb. grass-fed ground beef
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- ½ teaspoon minced onion
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground pepper
- 1 and ½ 16 oz. jars organic red enchilada sauce
- Cook the ground beef in a skillet with all the spices (add a Tablespoon or two of water if it seems too dry)
- Grease a 9x12 inch pan with olive oil.
- Spoon about ¼ cup cooked, seasoned ground beef in center of tortilla. Roll the tortilla. Place in pan. Repeat with remaining tortillas.
- Pour enchilada sauce over tortillas.
- Cover and bake for 20-30 minutes or until hot and bubbly.
- Heat and pour ½ jar additional red sauce over cooked enchiladas.
- Serve with dairy-free sour cream.