I love this recipe for 2:1 Ratio Organic Vegan Muffin Mix. What do I love about it?
- The muffins are DELICIOUS! And by delicious, I mean moist, light, and flavorful- not easy to find in a vegan muffin.
- This recipe is EASY to remember- TWO cups flour, ONE cup sugar; TWO teaspoons baking soda, ONE teaspoon salt. . . (2:1 Ratio)
- This recipe is SO VERSATILE- I can make FOUR different kinds of muffins using the same recipe base (pumpkin, apple, banana, or blueberry!)
- It’s 100% ORGANIC!
The kids go ga-ga for these muffins. Every time I make a batch of muffins using this 2:1 Organic Vegan Muffin Mix, I hear “Mom, why don’t you make these more often?”
It’s music to my ears! 🙂
Also, I like these muffins. No, I LOVE these muffins. And I’m hard to please. Making the transition to dairy and egg free baking has not been easy for me. My taste buds hate to give up those familiar, rich flavors of egg and butter in baked goods.
But these muffins pass the test. Yes, they do. They are so rich and moist, you’d never guess they’re vegan!
The only challenge with these muffins is getting them to LAST more than a day! And I’m not kidding. I used this 2:1 Ratio Organic Vegan Muffin Mix to make Vegan Banana Muffins (sans the icing) this morning, and the kids wanted one or two for breakfast, one for their school snack, one in their lunch, and I can bet money they will want one or two or three for their after-school snack.
I limited them to one for breakfast and one for school snack. What the heck– I’ll probably cave and let them have a couple after school too.
In a perfect world, I would double, triple, or quadruple this recipe and have the mix on hand in the pantry to whip up a batch of muffins on busy school mornings.
- 2 cups organic whole wheat or spelt flour
- 1 cup organic sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 cup fruit (mashed banana, applesauce, pumpkin puree, or frozen blueberries)
- ½ cup oil
- ¼ cup rice or almond milk
- 1 Tablespoon vinegar
- 1 Tablespoon vanilla
- Combine dry ingredients.
- Add wet ingredients and stir well.
- Pour into lined muffin tins.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 25-30 minutes.